Partnering with members of marketing and digital teams, we worked together on an extension of WBUR’s 2020 on-air and digital election coverage, “Mass. Election Prep.” The goal is to get people ready to vote in just 7 days.
We met up on a video call and discussed:
- design direction for colors and graphic elements like stars and highlighting the state of Massachusetts
- things to avoid, especially people
- the various digital and prints assets, such as web banners, e-mail newsletter and print ads
- leaving room for language translation as needed for our partner in the project
- and, of course, the tight turnaround
I’m really happy with the way the piece came together. The illustration of the state and transforming it into a ballot box came together as I was working on brainstorming sketches.
What was also great about the project was being able to work cross-functionally. When I get an opportunity to work with a new group – with time permitting, of course – I jump at the chance. It’s a great way to meet / get to know colleagues and new projects help to stretch the creative muscles.
Learn more about the project Become An Informed Voter in 7 Days.